Thursday, June 30, 2011

First Refinishing Project

So here it is...my first project!  Hooray!


When deciding where to start on a project....I was a little worried because, well I've never done anything like this before.  So I thought to myself....what can I work on that will be ok if I accidentally screw up??  There is this little wooden stand that our TV used to sit on and I thought...well isn't that just perfect!

A couple things that were wrong with it and why I wanted to fix it:  For one it was the wrong color and doesn't match our existing living room furniture.  Secondly, there was a piece broke off the side.  And lastly, there were some ugly stains and watermarks on the top.  Well not anymore!






By using some stripper, followed by some rough sand paper, and then adding a Dark Oak stain, voila!!  All is good and new!   After I stained it, I finished it off with some polyurethane by MinWax.  
All Stripped Down
Stained
The infamous Stain....always wear gloves.

The Shiny Stuff
My sanding tools.....the Dremel Matt bought me.  So sweet of him!
Now it's nice and shiny and perfect for our living room.  Matt even approved....except for the fact that I have completely taken over his garage.  Which, what does he care anyway...I'm the one who used to park in it.  :)  Love you hunny bunches!


Now for those of you wondering what in the world a pregnant women is doing around all of those toxic products...no need to fear, I took many precautions!  My favorite being the stylish face mask.  :)

Scary....I know.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment