Friday, June 6, 2014

18 Weeks

Update on Baby Reynolds #2


Let me give you the background on the second go round for the pregnancy chalkboard tracker picture:  Wednesday night, special after church ice-cream treat on the playground, which let to getting home much later on an already late Wednesday night, which led to a Kipton meltdown.  All because he wanted to draw on the chalkboard.  Of course I let him, but I tried to bribe him to take the picture first....still didn't work.  Oh well, fun times ahead! 


I know the picture above is blurry, but this is what I'm dealing with people.  I think if you put a picture in the dictionary by "toddler meltdown", this would be next to it.  Both the mother and childs face, while the photographer (dad) just sits back and snaps blurry photos.


 Still having a meltdown... "mommy I wanna color!"


"You can color if you stand up a smile Kipton."  No smile, but at least an attempt.
 

All smiles now.
 

Baby Info

How far along? 18 weeks

Total weight gain: Total so far is 10 lbs. 

Maternity clothes: oh yeah, belly band can't hack it anymore

Stretch marks: only those marvelous ones from my pregnancy with Kipton that are making their appearance again

Best Moment this week:  baby kicking my tummy when I was reading Kipton a story in my lap.  I guess he/she approved. :)

Miss anything?:  I miss coffee the idea of drinking coffee in the morning while watching the Today Show, but don't really want it.  I now can stand the smell of it, but when I drink it it's not very appetizing.

Movement: Very active child, mainly at night when I lay down or when I lean over while sitting down.  I guess he/she doesn't liked to be squished.

Food cravings: Still red meat and sweets.  Lovely combination, right?

Anything making you queasy or sick: not anymore thank goodness!

Have you started to show yet:  yes, but it still looks like a beer belly at this point.  :)

Gender:  next post!!

Labor Signs:  none

Belly button in or out:  My deep cave of a belly button is starting to make an appearance

Wedding rings on or off:  On

Happy or moody most of the time:  Happy, but although I did have a small breakdown last night when Matt decided to be really spontaneous and take us to a dance class!!  It was a lot of fun, but he came home and told me to get ready to go dancing.  If you don't know Matt this is VERY out of character for him, so I just laughed and didn't really do anything when he said we were going dancing.  He came back to me in a few minutes and said, get ready we leave in 5 minutes.  "Oh, your serious??!!"  So I panic because I have no idea where we are going, what to wear, and much less what to wear when I'm at the current "is she pregnant?" stage and nothing looks right on me.   So needless to say, I was standing at the closet crying over how sweet my husband was to take me dancing (something we haven't done since college) and also crying over having nothing that would fit over my fat stomach.  So, moody?  Eeeehh not so much, but put me in that situation and tears will come quickly.  :)

Looking forward to:  Getting the nursery set up after we find out if your a boy or a girl!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment