Sunday, June 1, 2014

Update on Baby Reynolds #2

Growing Baby Updates!


Growing up I had always poked fun at my mother for neglecting me as a second child.  Although I was only kidding and just giving her a hard time it was funny to me that Matthew (my eldest of 3 1/2 years) had this beautiful baby book with all sorts of updates, charts, pictures, knick-knacks, etc.  And my book on the other hand was full of random firsts and couple pictures with me and my brother.  I always said to myself that I would never treat my second child like the second child.  Well here I am years later and my first pregnancy photo/update is at 16 weeks.  Ooops, sorry baby B.  :)   And sorry momma for always giving you a hard time, ha!

So now that we have gotten that story out of the way!  On to the Pregnancy Tracker!

Here are the first's for this pregnancy:

Pregnancy Test:   On March 3, 2014 I took a pregnancy test for the second time and got a faint positive.  I was jumping up and down excited because I had taken one a few days earlier and got a negative, so I was upset that I wasn't pregnant and a little worried.  But I waited a few days and got a positive!  At this point I was feeling very good, but also very anxious.  We were in the process of wrapping up the finishing touches to our newest project of COMPLETELY renovating my Pawpaw and Grandma's house for us to live in.  (Maybe I'll have time to update those before/after pictures later, but don't hold your breath).  But anyways, I called to doctor right away and they put us down for an appointment in 4 weeks.  That felt like an eternity, but as everything in our life goes, it flew by.  :)

Morning Sickness:  As of about a week after the pregnancy test I started feeling VERY sick.  And they lie when they say morning sickness, it's more like morning/afternoon/evening, all the time sickness.   We picked a fine time to move into the house and I was very sick and tired, but oh well.  At this point I could not stand the smell or taste of coffee, which is very unusual because I normally have coffee at least once a day.  Cravings at this point were anything with bacon, eggs, and cheese.   The only think that would settle my stomach in the morning would be a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich from Burger King or Starbucks with a Diet Coke...mmmmmmhhh.    Which is very weird because normally I cannot stand to even look at fast food breakfast sandwiches.   Other cravings are everything else bad for your diet such as breads, potatoes, and red meat.  NO CHICKEN.  I normally prefer chicken and have it many times a week, but I'm not really feeling it at this point.  So I believe I'm having a baby girl at this point, only because pregnancy's are so different.

Heartbeat:  At our first doctor's appointment we were able to hear the heartbeat!  Everything looked good and expected due date is November 5, 2014

Breaking News:  We decided to tell the family and others somewhat early because I was so sick I could not keep it from people for long.   We told the family before our Spring Break trip and I told everyone at school on April Fool's Day.  I did that on purpose, and it was very confusing to people (which I thought was hilarious) because they couldn't tell if I was serious or not.  :)

Maternity Clothes:  As everyone always says you grow faster with the second child.  The same proves to be true for me, but I think the only reason is because of my cravings as stated above.  

First Movement:  At the second ultra sound baby number 2 was going crazy moving, i looked as if you were at a dance party!  So I figured it wouldn't be long til I felt the first kick. The first kicks that I felt came around Week 16, or maybe a tad before.   Heartbeat was 145 at the 3rd doctor visit and morning sickness is finally over,  praise the Lord!


16 Weeks Photos



Starting to get a bit of a belly!

Kipton is very excited to have a new baby brother/sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment