Friday, January 31, 2014

Chicago and Halloween

Trip to Chicago and Halloween Festivities!

Chicago


 Matt had a work conference in Chicago the first week of October so we were able to get away for a mini-vaca to the Windy City.  It was a lot of fun, but we sure did miss Kipton!  After visiting Chicago, I will definitely bring Kipton next time because there is plenty to do and Chicago is very safe and kid-friendly.  There are quite a few selfies of me because Matt was at the conference for much of the time, so I had to brave the city on my own.  (which I thoroughly enjoyed)



Before we got to Chicago, we made a trip to Nashville for Seth's wedding.
 

 This was at the Sears Tower.  They had a glass deck that jutted out of the building so you could "sit" on top of the city.  Not gonna lie, it made my stomach turn a little bit.




 Had to take a selfie with "the bean"


The coolest part about the entire trip was renting a bike and riding it around the city.  I wish I had done this for most of the trip because it was so much fun cruising around Chicago at my own pace.  The city is very bike friendly and it was beautiful weather!


 Matt and I rode our bikes up to northern Chicago and drove by Wrigley Field.  Matt tried to get in, but it was locked down pretty good.  Go figure.


We took a boat-tour at night and although it was very chilly and windy, it was a very informative and interesting tour. Very touristy, I know. 



While in Chicago we had to get a hot dog, of course.
 


We visited The Field Museum, which was cool but t A LOT of walking and looking at stuffed creatures.  






Da Bears, Da Bulls!










This was the day we picked you up from school after our trip.  I felt like you had grown a foot!!
 
Great Trip and loved to go back again and again, but with Kipton next time!


Halloween and Visit to Tate Farms




Checking out the bunnies.  The pig was probably the most fascinating to you though.
 



Riding in the Corn Tractor Bucket




You got to pick out your own pumpkin!
 

Riding the new tricycle Grandma gave you for your birthday
 

Playing with Huddy
 

This was our trip to Trunk our Treat at Mayfair for Halloween.  As you can see, you were not happy about wearing your Tiger costume.
 



You got over your insecurities though.  :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment