Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bookshelf for Kipton

So once again, while browsing at the Nashville Flea market I was looking for a tall, skinny bookshelf.  When I ran across this piece it had a door with a crow painted on it.  Although it would be cute for a country kitchen....crows really aren't the theme I'm going for for Kipton's room.  So I asked the guy if he took the door off could I have it for a cheaper price??  He eventually said yes and I brought him down $20.  This definitely racked up as the most expensive piece of the Nashville Flea Market trip coming in at a whopping $60, but I liked it well enough so I took it.


So here's what I did:

I had to use some wood filler for the holes where the crow door once was.  After some wood filler, I sanded her down just to take the roughness off.


Then I stained the whole thing.



 I decided to stain the inside twice, leave it stained, and just paint the outside.  



I thought it turned out pretty good!  Now I just need some stuff to put on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment