Friday, July 1, 2011

Little White Table

So today I finished my second project....also known as the little white table.  I bought this piece at the Nashville Flea Market back in May for just $8 smack-a-roos!  They were asking $10, but of course I will never pay asking price at a place like that.  :)   But when I saw it I thought that it would be just perfect for little Kipton's room next to the glider where I can spend many hours of the night trying to rock the little booger back to sleep.

It was a boring white when I got it, so I sanded it down to it's bare essentials.






After I sanded it....which was quite and experience by the way.  I was using my new Dremel tool that my sweet hubby insisted that I need, so he bought it for me (which I am very thankful for because it does come in handy).  I was using it to sand the crooks and crannys and was so deeply enthralled in the task that I forgot to check and see if the sandpaper was wearing down or not...and of course it was.  Deep in thought while working, all of the sudden that thing popped of the Dremel and shot me in the throat...quick frightening actually.  So....moral of the story:  always check and see if you are wearing your sandpaper down to nothing.  :)

After a good sanding I stained it not once, but twice for good measure.   And then after the sanding I painted it a pretty blue.



Sanding round 1.


Sanding Round 2.



2 Coats of Paint




After I painted it, there was nothing left to do but rough it up a little bit ... So here she is!


No comments:

Post a Comment