Saturday, July 16, 2011

What's in a name??

You've heard the question before, "so what's in a name", right?  Well when people ask me what were having and I respond a boy, they always ask...well what's his name going to be??  I've gotten some interesting responses from Kipton like...."Is that a family name??"...or...."That's unusual!"  Normally I just respond with a smile and say no it's not a family name, I just heard it and loved it!....when I'm really thinking some other things.  :)    But I do LOVE the name (obviously since this is what I'm naming my son), and I think it is a perfect name for my little man that will be here in 10 short weeks....hopefully, unless he decides to take his time in there.  :)

So my latest project was something to showcase his name!  I liked this project because I didn't have a wear a mask for once in the sweltering garage....I was just able to sit down at my kitchen table and paint. 

First, I painted the letters to hang above the crib.  I didn't want just one print like polka dots, so I looked for inspiration online and found a couple different patterns.   The color inspiration came from his bedding which we have not gotten yet, but have registered for.
  

I plan on using a hot glue gun to glue some brown ribbon on the back and hang them over the crib.  But I don't have a hot glue gun....still working on that one.


When I found the letters in hobby lobby (50% off of course!), I also found this plaque in the wood/craft section of hobby lobby.  I wondered what I could do with it and decided to paint something I could hang on his door to greet visitors.  After I painted it, I got some small wood letters and painted those brown.

So here is the name plaque....if that's what you call it.



I couldn't decide whether I wanted the name to be jumbled or straight....so here are both options.   I'll make my final decision later when I get that hot glue gun, and then also glue on a brown ribbon so it can hang on the door.

Here they are together!  Cute huh?   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment