Sunday, November 2, 2014

39 Weeks


This week I couldn't get a chalkboard tracker picture because we braved the odds of having a baby in Birmingham and went to the state volleyball tournament. 

So instead of the chalkboard photos, here is an awesome side profile of me and Maggie and a picture of all the girls at the Birmingham Zoo.



 
 

How far along?  39 Weeks

Total weight gain:   40 pounds

Maternity clothes:   I have to roll my belly bands down on my pants because they are too tight and show through my shirt.

Stretch marks:   Yes, but still no new ones

Best Moment this week:   Winning 1st at volleyball regionals and painting my stomach with "war paint" to show the volleyball girls what my belly looks like.

Miss anything?:    Let's think of things that are difficult while pregnant: Drying your legs off with a towel after the shower, bending over to pick up something, taking off pants/boots, getting out of bed or off the couch, getting into the car, washing a 3 year old off in the bathtub, walking up the stairs without panting like a obese dog.  You get the picture.

Movement:  Still moving often, but not as big of movements since you are running out of room in there.

Food cravings:  Not eating as much in one sitting, but still eating a lot.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Sitting on the floor trying to play with Kipton (for example: floor puzzles) is starting to make me sick.  

Have you started to show yet:   See comments below.

Stranger comments this week:
One comment from the volleyball regional tournament this weekend from a male ref: "Oh twins I see!" 
Comment from 2 sweet ladies, "Your so cute!  How far along are you?  Only 10 days?  Wow your small!"
Conversation with sandwich guy at Quiznos:  "I'd like a turkey ranch and swiss with no onions or tomatoes please."  "Oh, but you need that nutrition for the baby!".   "Well sir, just put some extra lettuce on it then please".  Conversation continues with plenty of advice and personal birthing experiences.

Labor Signs:  Still just a lot a pain in the ole groin area.

Belly button in or out:  Out for the most part.

Wedding rings on or off:   Depends on the day, but mostly on.  My feet on the other had (or should I say foot) are a lost cause.  They swell as soon as I get out of bed every morning.  I tried squeezing on boots at the volleyball tournament and that was not very comfortable at all. 

Happy or moody most of the time:   Happy and anxious.

Looking forward to:   Not worrying about if I'm going to have the baby during the middle of a volleyball game or in Birmingham.  That would be nice to stop thinking about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment